DC-2014: "Metadata Intersections: Bridging the Archipelago of Cultural Memory"
DATES: 8-11 October 20114
LOCATION: Austin, Texas, USA
EARLY REGISTRATION CLOSE: 6 September 2014
It is just under two weeks until the closing of Early Registration for DC-2014, the International Conference on Dublin Core & Metadata Applications. If you work or study in any sector of the metadata ecosystem, you will not want to miss DC-2014 in Austin, Texas. In addition to an excellent set of peer reviewed full papers, project reports and posters, there is an an array of pre- and post-Conference tutorials and workshops, Conference Special Sessions and Best Practices Posters & Demonstrations:
Tutorials & Workshops:
- Fonds & Bonds: Archival Metadata, Tools, and Identity Management (full day workshop at the Harry Ransom Center)
- Training the Trainers for Linked Data (full day, hands-on workshop)
- RDF Validation in the Cultural Heritage Community (1/2 day tutorial)
- Overview: Positioning DCMI & Dublin Core in the Metadata Ecosystem (1/2 day tutorial)
RDF Application Profiles and Tools for Metadata Validation and Quality Control (sponsored by Digital Public Library of America (DPLA) & DCMI Technical Board)
- Schema.org, SchemaBibExtend -- Structured Data on the Web (sponsored by OCLC & Yandex)
- BIBFRAME -- Expressing and Connecting Bibliographic Data (sponsored by the Library of Congress)
- DCMI Roundtable (experts on BIBFRAME, Europeana Data Model (EDM), DPLA Metadata Application Profile (MAP), Schema.org/SchemaBibExtend, and more -- sponsored by DCMI/Technical Board)
Don't procrastinate, register now!
The Conference weekend caps the second week of the Austin City Limits Music Festival
) and hotel rooms will become increasingly scarce as Conference time approaches.