Henry Schuman - Harry Shulman

I met both of them. Both were oboists. Not the same.

Discogs has this <http://www.discogs.com/artist/692529-Henry-Schuman> for
Schuman which does not include the recording in question. The NYPL catalog
has a few recordings that include him
<http://nypl.bibliocommons.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&t=author&search_category=author&q=%22Schuman%2C+Henry%22+oboe&commit=Search&searchOpt=catalogue>
but,
again, not the Mozart Serenade recorded by Hancock. I doubt that it ever
saw the light of day other than as a one-off or test pressing.

Just for the record - the recording that I thought might have him on it
turns out to be on the EMS Recordings label and was recorded by Robert E.
Blake on Dec. 30, 1949 and definitely does not have Henry (or Harry) on it.
The pieces were not by Mozart, but Beethoven (Octet for winds, op. 103 and
his Rondino, Grove 146). The oboists, also for the record, were Bruno
Labate and Jerry Roth. Labate was with the NY Phil, but was freelancing as
a member of the Little Orchestra Society on this LP conducted by Thomas
Scherman (also not Schuman or Shulman).

Sorry I have no more useful information on Ben's original question.

Peter Hirsch