 Lorna Fulton recently wrote:

> Its an EV dynamic mic- we're currently playing around with different
> kinds- recently tried an omni directional mic, and it made no difference
> to the recording!

"EV dynamic" covers a lot of ground.  I worked for EV for over 50 years
(recently retired) and am quite familiar with the various models made over
the years and have access to most of the spec sheets.  Many EV dynamics
have a wide frequency response, certainly in excess of the Presto recording
machine.  Elsewhere on the list, I saw mention of the U47 (condenser) mic
(classic but still produced, $8,495 street) and the AEA R44 (ribbon) mic
(modern version of the classic RCA 44BX ribbon, $3,780 street).  These are
fine microphones but in my humble opinion overkill for your project.

If you can supply the model number of the EV dynamic/dynamics you are
trying I could share the basic specs with the list.

Jim Long