If that guitar and humming was the only thing Flynt had ever done, I think
you're right that he would have a deserved obscurity. But that's not his
most loved work, which would probably be the Celestial Power tape:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8uMib5NM8U

Despite any flaws of recording, this piece has amazing resonance when
played from a good stereo in a large room instead of from utube on a
computer.

His odd "back porch hillbilly blues" makes sense in the light of his other
work. Distortion and blurring of the guitar sound isn't a mistake, it's the
background he wanted for the droning, chanting vocals. The 'hillbilly
blues' tag is a joke, a purposefully misleading title. He's not trying to
work in any genre, so comparison to commercially viable recordings is
missing the point. That piece may be more concept than music, but I find
other music he made to be very beautiful as music, not only as concept.