Tom Fine wrote:

> I'll bet....that if someone tracked down real-deal EMI sales figured, the
> US Capitol albums were what sold the most copies, and therefore by that
> measure they are the "official" sequences and titles.

That maybe true in the US but worldwide it was the EMI UK versions that
were issued.  I liked the sequencing of the US albums better (except for
Please Please Me, a personal favorite of mine since I grew up with the Vee
Jay version).  The US releases included singles and EPs  left off the
British albums. British albums did not include the hits because they felt
nobody wanted to buy the same material twice. That's why the Past Masters
was compiled.

Can you imagine listening to Meet The Beatles (in UK known as With The
Beatles) without I Want To Hold Your Hand?
The Meet The Beatles track lineup is far superior. IMO.