Hello NYC ARSC-ers,

My name is Amye McCarther and this is my first post to the ARSC-list. I'm
fairly new to ARSC and to New York but I'd like to make both their better
acquaintance. I was at the ARSC conference in Chapel Hill earlier this year
and really enjoyed the community of enthusiasts and experts I found there.
If anyone would like to meet before/after the Muscle Shoals screening for a
drink and a chat I'd be happy to get (re)introduced.

All best,
Amye

On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> This from the AES NYC Section. For what it's worth, this is a really good
> documentary, recently broadcast on PBS. Note that non-AES members are
> welcome:
>
> The New York Section of the Audio Engineering Society
> invites all folks
> who are actively involved in professional audio
>
> to join us for a most informative evening.
>
> Students are especially welcome.
>

> Tuesday, September 9th, 2014
> Meet and Greet 6:30 P.M.
> Presentation 7:00 P.M.
>
> Dolby Screening Room
> 1350 Avenue of the Americas
> Street Floor
>

> "Muscle Shoals"
>
> A special film presentation
>

> Host:  Ken Hunold, Dolby
> Presenter: Jonathan Abrams, Nutmeg Post
>
> Located alongside the Tennessee River, Muscle Shoals, Alabama has helped
> create some of the most important and resonant songs of all time.
> Overcoming crushing poverty and staggering tragedies, Rick Hall brought
> black and white together to create music for the generations. He is
> responsible for creating the "Muscle Shoals sound" and The Swampers, the
> house band at FAME Studios that eventually left to start its own successful
> studio known as Muscle Shoals Sound. Gregg Allman and others bear witness
> to Muscle Shoals' magnetism, mystery, and why it remains influential today.
>
> This beautifully made documentary tells the story entirely with
> first-person accounts and contemporaneous
> session footage.
>
> Director:  Greg 'Freddy' Camalier.
>
> Producers: Stephen Badger, Greg 'Freddy' Camalier.
>
> Contributors include Gregg Allman, Bono, Clarence Carter, Jimmy Cliff,
> Aretha Franklin, Rick Hall,
> Mick Jagger, Alicia Keys, Spooner Oldham, John Paul White, Keith Richards,
> Percy Sledge, Candi Staton and Steve Winwood.
>
> The film is provided by Swank Motion Pictures.
>

> Please RSVP at once to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
> muscle-shoals-screening-tickets-12942757135
>
> The event is free of charge.

Amye McCarther
MSIS Candidate 2014, The University of Texas at Austin
Information Science Intern, Judd Foundation