Thanks Tom; This is all very helpful.  There's a fellow out of
Minneapolis, Kim Gutzke of Custom Records, who talked of trying to do
the shellac, but years have gone by and nothing has come to pass, so
i've lost hope in that possibility.  When we first began this effort
to work with the Victor, it was under the assumption that this
possibility would eventually work out.  now we are stuck with the
very likely prospect of faking it, which I always hate.  It's hard to
believe that nobody out there does this.  I guess there's just no a
void to be filled anymore?

Thanks again for your input.
Richard

p.s. Tim sold us our Victor IV, as well as an Edison wax cylinder
player/recorder.  He has been very helpful with so many things.