I noticed in the last ARSC Newsletter that former Carolina Chocolate Drops member Dom Flemons has
joined our membership ranks.

Out recently is Dom Flemons' new CD, "Prospect Hill":
http://www.domflemons.com/discography/dom-flemons-prospect-hill.html
and
http://www.amazon.com/Prospect-Hill-Dom-Flemons/dp/B00KJFZXIK/tomslinx

One man's opinion, this album is highly recommended. The booklet notes are a bit extensive and
academic (do you really need to know exact details of how Flemons discovered the songs he covers on
this album? OK, maybe some people obsess about this kind of information). But the music is fun and
fresh. Really superb playing, and nice tune choices. Flemons has a soulfulness to his approach that
is missing on a lot of "Americana" projects that I've heard. And he doesn't overdue old-time
mannerisms. The whole thing sounds like it's not forced at all. It sounds like what I like about the
best old-time records -- like a bunch of guys having a good time making music together, and by the
way they happen to be expert musicians, not the other way around.

-- Tom Fine