HI!

I am about to record on reel to reel tape and hear some occasional "pop" and
"hiss" noises. They appear mostly on the left channel and I use to hear them
a bit on low passages in the music and between tracks. My machine is a Revox
B77 MK2 and the tapes are brand new RMG LPR 35 tapes.

May this be solved by demagnetizing the heads?
I have never used a head demagnetizer before, but I clean  regularly so the
heads are not dirty.

I may obtain a TDK head eraser HD-11. Is that any good for my use

Hope to hear from any reel to reel enthusiasts.

All the best
Jan