In the end, I'd put the cabinets in another room! I've fought this battle in my own studio. Move
enough air with bass content and EVERYTHING vibrates. There is no full solution except to work in a
room with no resonant surfaces, nothing on the surfaces and no metal panels. Luckily, very little of
what I work with has that much bass content cranked that loud.

Metal file cabinets are THE WORST rattling/vibrating things, even worse than metal equipment racks
right in the line of fire. I would never put monitor speakers on metal cabinets, although the Recoil
Stabilizers will probably help better than anything else recommended.

Metal file cabinets are so bad that I won't even have them in the room with my monitor speakers,
except for a 2-drawer that's across the room, is full of files (so the drawers need a LOT of energy
to vibrate) and has heavy stuff on top of it, plus it's not in the direct line of speakers air-fire.

I guess if I had no other place in the world to put the metal file cabinets, I'd hang the speakers
off the ceiling and damp the metal file cabinets with moving van blankets, and make sure they are
full to the brim so all of the drawers don't rattle every time a sting bass is plucked.

All of this is why professional recording studios put speakers in highly damped soffits, and why you
need Recoil Stabilizers for near-filed speakers on top of the console (or, as in my studio, on top
of solid hardwood drawer cabinets on either side of the DAW workstation). And even in those cases
(and in my studio), if the bass content is loud enough, anything not battened down (pens on the
console, empty reels on tape machines, the plastic lid on a Technics turntable) will audibly rattle.

-- Tom Fine