-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Steven Smolian
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 5:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Speaker mount

I'm putting a speaker on a metal filing cabinet- it's either that or move
the walls.

Anyone have experience taming this beast so it doesn't add unwanted bass
coloration.  Anyone have experience wityh this problem?

I'm contemplating putting on a butcher block for density and heavy rug
underlay below it, the speaker on top.  It's a bookshelf B&W.

Amy practical suggestions welcome.  I've already ruled out hanging it from
the cieling, suspending it from helium baloons, etc.

Steve Smolian