-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tom Fine
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 10:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] NPR profile of Tennessee Park Ranger and Folklorist
Bobby Fulcher

Thanks for the link, John.

The recordings they played were well made. I wish all would-be folklore and
oral history collectors would take 60 minutes to master the basics of field
recording. So much interesting material has been collected in such bad audio
quality. I would suggest this should be a mission of ARSC, teaching amateur
recordists doing field work the basic techniques to capture reasonable
fidelity.

-- Tom Fine