On 2014-09-10 3:28 PM, John Haley wrote:
> Hello, Richard,
>
> This is off list.

Ooops! I don't think it was. Thanks for the kind words.

> I read your post with great interest, and I hope you
> will do the paper about azimuth, which I believe will prove to be a very
> valuable resource.
>
> I bought Izotope RX3 Advanced a few months ago, based on your
> recommendation and that of others, and it never stops amazing me, as I get
> more skilled with it.  It is really fantastic in many respects, and I can
> get results with it, on removing noise (in various ways), that I could
> never achieve before.  So thanks very much for your good recommendation on
> that.

Getting good with a tool like iZotope, Samplitude, Photoshop, or
Lightroom requires a major investment in time and effort. These are my
four biggies and I'm still learning about all of them. My next challenge
is http://www.artalabs.hr/index.htm as I move my audio testing away from
hardware to software.

Or maybe now that Firefox won't let me synch passwords among instances
while having a master password--I need to learn a new password manager.
I'm headed towards KeePass...grrrr.

> Your email to the list mentioned an azimuth compensation feature in Izotope
> RX3, but I haven't found that yet!  Could you tell me where it is?

It's the third tab in the Channel Operations applet.

Cheers,

Richard