Yes, I see that the announcement is out and I love CONNECT. I was
involved in the Beta test of RX4, but I couldn't say it until it was
announced.

In Samplitude, you make a cut in the timeline (leave it long enough to
do a crossfade), Open Connect as an object off-line effect and send it
to RX4. You then open RX4 to process the clip and send it back to
Samplitude where you then reopen the Connect effect and it pops into the
timeline in place of the piece you originally sent. Caution--allow long
handles if you're sending out for de-clip as you will need to seamlessly
adjust for the level differences.

It worked wonders on a concert I recorded last Friday -- first one with
my RME BabyFace which was useful since the power was out for the whole
concert. Fortunately, candle light was part of the planned effect, so
only the PA went away. The organ was still hand-pumped. But, I had not
aligned the gain in the BabyFace to the gain in the FireFace--it was
just there in case of a power failure of more than a few minutes (I had
the FireFace on a UPS). I heard the clipping and dropped the gain for
the rest of the concert -- back to 20 dB which was where the FF had been
set. Grrrr.

Connect works with other editors as well.

The de-hum now has a tracking mode because the hum frequency is never
the same at the start of the tape as at the end -- not the same enough
to allow you to use very high Q notch filters -- now you can.

The main screen allows selecting full-length very narrow frequency bands
-- and several of them -- to treat tonal noises that are able to be
removed with this method as opposed to the noise reduction and are above
the 8 harmonics in the tracking hum filter.

Cheers,

Richard