Dear James Roth:

I wonder whether the label of the record in question identifies Henry
Schuman as the conductor, or only lists his name.  If he is listed as the
conductor, this could be a private recording of a live performance, or a
studio recording, of the Mozart C Minor Serenade, (No. 12) K. 388, which he
did conduct; for instance, on 10/30/70, as part of a concert in a series
called *Concert Socials*.  The Wind Ensemble Workshop was the performing
ensemble (as listed at the time in *New York Magazine*):

http://books.google.com/books?id=5eICAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA18&lpg=PA18&dq=%22Henry+Schuman%22+%2B+%22mozart%22+%2B+%22serenade%22&source=bl&ots=JHEaLPAJ8F&sig=dfSdAmXsFuLrhZzBXzLb-Ut4wPI&hl=en&sa=X&ei=bvwYVNisOey1sQTaiYKgCg&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=%22Henry%20Schuman%22%20%2B%20%22mozart%22%20%2B%20%22serenade%22&f=false

He was also one of the oboists in a performance of the work that was issued
by Everest in 1960 [mono: LPBR 6042, stereo: SDBR 3042] played by the
Everest Woodwind Octet, conducted by Newell Jenkins.  The remaining
personnel included oboist Ronald Roseman, clarinetists Robert Listokin and
Stanley Walden, bassoonists Robert Cole and Loren Glickman and horn
players Fred Klein and Earl Chapin.

The pairing was the E-flat major Serenade (No. 11) K.375.

The entire disc was reissued by Everest Record Group as a 48 minute compact
disc [EVC 9026] in 1996.

If Henry Schuman's name appears without specification, perhaps this is a
private issue of the 1960 release.  Is there other material on the disc?
Does it sound like a studio recording, or one made in concert?

Best wishes,

Richard Markowitz