As part of our ongoing efforts to serve the audiovisual archiving
community, the Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) Education
Committee would like to announce our new site, AMIA Education Committee
<http://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/> at Wordpress.

The site is organized into the following categories:

About the Committee <https://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/about/>, Education
<https://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/education/>, Student Chapters
<https://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/category/student-chapters/>,
Announcements <https://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/category/announcements/>,
and Resources <https://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/resources/>

Within these categories you will find detailed information about our
committee and its current projects, as well as educational opportunities,
including masters programs and certifications, scholarships, awards and
grants for professional development, and upcoming workshops and webinars.
Additionally you will find information on each of our student chapters and
guest blog posts about their activities.

Under Announcements we maintain a calendar of audiovisual archiving events,
including conferences, workshops, and webinars. We also list employment,
internship, and fellowship opportunities, as well as calls for papers and
panels. Our Resources section provides links to moving image related
associations and committees, important websites, blogs and podcasts,
guides, and reports (which we will continually update).

We hope that you will find this site valuable to your work and your
professional development needs. If you’d like to read our posts and keep
abreast of new information added to the site, please follow us.
Additionally, if you see something that you think should be added to the
site please email us at our new committee email account

Check out some recent posts:

Professional Advice: So you want to be a Moving Image Archivist
<http://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/2014/09/23/advice-moving-image-archivist/>
Events for September and October
<http://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/2014/09/13/events-for-september-and-october/>
An Update from the University of Rochester Student Chapter
<http://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/2014/08/22/update-ur-student-chapter/>

Thank you and we hope to see you at an AMIA Conference.

--

Carla Arton and Kelle Anzalone

AMIA Education Committee Co-Chairs

http://amiaeducomm.wordpress.com/