Jan
Have you tried to record with a different type of tape? Do you get the same noise? If not then the LGR35 might not be a good choice.
BTW the B77 doesn't have that many caps in it but they are from FRAKO and do not age well. Since you're serious about this I think you'd be wise to shotgun all of them, including the power supply.  Spend more now but save a lot in the long run. Those caps can bring down a machine quickly and often.
I strongly second the advice to demag the heads and I would do it regularly. Handymag are cheap on eBay and learning how to use them correctly I snot rocket science.
Cheers
Shai

If a stupid word substitution made you laugh, thank my iPhones