Why do some voices have asymmetrical waveforms? I knew a coule whi did radio programs, and the female always had more negative excursion that the male. I thought he was giving her the worse mic channel, until I saw her on his mic - she was still more negative.

It is physics, the shape of the tone sources, that gives it the sound it (or she) has. Vive la difference!

Amusingly, I just speculated that maybe it is emphasis of the upper lip in the mouthpiece?!? I only played tuba, and I used both lips :-). Joke!
<L>
Lou Judson
Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689