Dear Mr. Obert-Thorn,

Thank you for that interesting info about the Gershwin Rhapsody recording.

If you are still with Naxos, I have an issue which has been on my mind for about 10 years.
It concerns the NAXOS recording of the Khatchaturian Gayne Ballet Suites 1, 2 & 3.
Catalogue number 8.550800
It has a very short track *(1:43) called Matsak's Solo.
I've been very familiar with the Gayne Ballet since I was 4 (1951).
I have quite a few recordings of it - At least 10.
Nowhere in the liner notes of those other recordings does it mention a Matsak.
The music on that track is really the Awakening of Ayesha.
It's only a fragment of "The Awakening and Dance of Ayesha", but it stops ABRUPTLY just before the dance.
I would say it was poorly edited.   Actually, it was butchered.
I've had to splice it onto the Capitol recording of Fabien Sevitzky's rendition.
Otherwise I can't listen to it.  I THINK Khatchaturian would turn over in his grave.
What happened to the rest of that track??!!!

Sincerely,
Ben Roth
https://rsa.fau.edu/