-------- Original Message --------

From: Paul Urbahns <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, September 11, 2014 10:20 am

From: Paul Urbahns <[log in to unmask]>

Mike Biel wrote:
>Wrong. It WAS the mechanicals.

Actually in the United States singles sold the albums, and we include
the
hits on the albums. The British Beatles LPs don't include the hit
singles.
Capitol had to redo the contents of the With The Beatles to include I
Want
To Hold Your Hand single and renamed it. So it became Meet The Beatles.
Additionally the B side to I Want To Hold , "I Saw Here Standing There"
was
also not on With The Beatles and it had to be added. They would not put
out
a 16 track LP, so they removed some songs, to make it conform to the 12
song standard US album.

It was more marketing and making a strong LP that would sell well in the
US.

Paul Urbahns
Radcliff, Ky

.