Having a bf:Note class makes sense to me. The current approach seems
exhaustive enough to be cumbersome, but probably not exhaustive enough to
capture the full range of possibilities in the source data. Not all notes
come from 5XX fields. Here is a sample marc2bibframe conversion of a record
for a serial:

MARC: http://bibframe.org/resources/Jqc1410365115/marcxml.xml
BF: http://bibframe.org/resources/Jqc1410365115/bibframe.rdf

Here, bf:frequencyNote maps to the 310 field (Current Publication
Frequency). Unfortunately, it also maps to the 321 field (Former
Publication Frequency). This would seem to be a not insignificant loss of
information. 5XX fields that are distinct in MARC are mapped to generic
bf:note properties (515, 588). bf:frequency doesn't appear, but maybe it
was meant to correspond to the 008 fix field for continuing resources,
which also has a value for frequency (position 18). The need for two
distinct properties remains unclear.

In short, a bf:Note class with bf:noteType values might provide greater
flexibility and preserve more of the original semantics.

Tim

--
Tim A. Thompson
Metadata Librarian (Spanish/Portuguese Specialty)