Thanks, Nate. I misread the right-hand column as domain, but it is
range. So I ran a record through the converter, and it appears that
titleVariation appears as an Instance property. This would mean that a
variant on the work title is not covered (at the moment). However, I
also note that title and titleVariation are not associated with any
domains, so in fact they could be used with either Work or Instance, if
desired.

I read back through the thread that Rob pointed out (thanks!) and it
does appear that there is still an open discussion on title as "entity".
It is a difficult one, though, due to "cataloging in MARC" practice. I
note that it isn't clear to me how this is/will be handled in RDA in RDF
- the various title properties are rangeless and the parts of the title
(subtitle, part, number, etc.) are not addressed - nor if the separation
of the title string into sub-strings is required by the cataloging rules
- nor if there is actual utility in the separation (from a
machine-processing point of view).

kc

--
Karen Coyle