Thanks, Nate. I misread the right-hand column as domain, but it is range. So I ran a record through the converter, and it appears that titleVariation appears as an Instance property. This would mean that a variant on the work title is not covered (at the moment).  However, I also note that title and titleVariation are not associated with any domains, so in fact they could be used with either Work or Instance, if desired.

I read back through the thread that Rob pointed out (thanks!) and it does appear that there is still an open discussion on title as "entity". It is a difficult one, though, due to "cataloging in MARC" practice. I note that it isn't clear to me how this is/will be handled in RDA in RDF - the various title properties are rangeless and the parts of the title (subtitle, part, number, etc.) are not addressed - nor if the separation of the title string into sub-strings is required by the cataloging rules - nor if there is actual utility in the separation (from a machine-processing point of view).

kc