To everyone, thanks for the replies. I'll look into that other Title discussion that was linked and
possible use multiple titleValues for now.

Re: Stephen

On Fri, 26 Sep 2014 11:57:20 -0500, Stephen Hearn <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>One question about the original query--are you referring to variants in
>English (i.e., English language translations) or variants written in roman
>characters to represent the sound of a Japanese kanji, which can have
>multiple phonetic readings? Romanji would be a closer parallel to Japanese
>kana and would be required in some contexts.
>
>Stephen

In most cases it won't be English language translations but variants using Japanese characters.
Regardless of whether the original title is in Japanese Kanji, Hiragana or English, there will be a variant
of the title in Katakana for phonetics. That's the 'reading' I'm seeking to attach to the Instance title.

Thanks.