Karen, thanks for the additional background. I see what you mean in cautioning against a ballooning of classes and properties, and I hope what I am reaching for can be enfolded in Bibframe profiles -- perhaps at the level of content type (or maybe just one sub-profile for medium of performance that could be used for notated music and also for performed music?).

Below is my attempt, resorting to as-yet non-existent properties of course. (I have not used bf:musicMedium because, even though expected value is URI, it is in the “Title Information” category. In the MARC transformations I have seen, this property is receiving the string in MARC bib 240 $m.) The order of these components of medium of performance is not important; what is necessary is that they come together to form the medium of performance. I have tried to account for most of what we are currently putting in MARC bib 382; I do believe that those “mpComponentType” values would be better coming from a vocabulary and not just be strings.

The work is for harpsichord (or piano) solo, with flute, oboe, clarinet, violin, and cello. I wonder if what I have come up with could be anything like practicable . . .

<this0001> a bf:Work ;
	bf:authorizedAccessPoint “Falla, Manuel de, 1876-1946. Concerto, harpsichord, instrumental ensemble”
	bf:identifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/names/no96064915>
	my_bf:mediumOfPerformance (
		my_bf:mpComponent (
			my_bf:mpComponentIdentifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/performanceMediums/mp2013015333> ;
			my_bf:mpComponentType "soloist" ;
			my_bf:mpComponentNumber "1"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer>
		) ;
		my_bf:mpComponent (
			my_bf:mpComponentIdentifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/performanceMediums/mp2013015550> ;
			my_bf:mpComponentType "soloist alternative" ;
			my_bf:mpComponentNumber "1"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer>
		) ;
		my_bf:mpComponent (
			my_bf:mpComponentIdentifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/performanceMediums/mp2013015268> ;
			my_bf:mpComponentType "individual" ;
			my_bf:mpComponentIdentifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/performanceMediums/mp2013015507> ;
			my_bf:mpComponentIdentifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/performanceMediums/mp2013015154> ;
			my_bf:mpComponentIdentifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/performanceMediums/mp2013015782> ;
			my_bf:mpComponentIdentifier <http://id.loc.gov/authorities/performanceMediums/mp2013015120> ;
			my_bf:mpComponentType "individual" ;
			my_bf:mpComponentNumber "1"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer>
		) ;
		my_bf:mpTotalNumber "6"^^<http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema#integer>
	) ;
	. . .

With apologies for any absurdities of an RDF novice evident above . . .
Thanks to everyone for joining in this discussion.
Best,
Kirk-Evan Billet