Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> • * bf:edition : MARC 250$a  bf:editionResponsibility 250$b
>> bf:otherEdition MARC 775.
>>         o The first two describe this edition, the otherEdition points to
>> a different resource:
>>                 o BF edition and responsibility: :
>> http://bibframe.org/tools/compare/bibid/7810461
>>                 o bfotherEdition:
>> http://bibframe.org/tools/compare/bibid/11346685
>>

> 250$a and $b I [believe I] understand.  And the discussion that there's no
> need to merge them as the bf:editionResponsibility must always belong to
> the bf:edition ... as any other edition must be a new _bf:Instance_ so each
> Instance can only ever have one of each.
>
> But then bf:otherEdition should be a relationship between Instances, not
> between Works?

In a FRBR/RDA sense, an edition statement found on the instance (RDA:
manifestation) indicates the edition or "edition-ness" to which it belongs
(RDA: expression).

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota

the swift course of time." -- Shakespeare, "Two Gentlemen
of Verona," Act I, scene iii