Robert Sanderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
• * bf:edition : MARC 250$a  bf:editionResponsibility 250$b bf:otherEdition MARC 775.
        o The first two describe this edition, the otherEdition points to a different resource:
                o BF edition and responsibility: : http://bibframe.org/tools/compare/bibid/7810461
                o bfotherEdition: http://bibframe.org/tools/compare/bibid/11346685

250$a and $b I [believe I] understand.  And the discussion that there's no need to merge them as the bf:editionResponsibility must always belong to the bf:edition ... as any other edition must be a new _bf:Instance_ so each Instance can only ever have one of each.

But then bf:otherEdition should be a relationship between Instances, not between Works?

In a FRBR/RDA sense, an edition statement found on the instance (RDA: manifestation) indicates the edition or "edition-ness" to which it belongs (RDA: expression).

--
Mark K. Ehlert                 Minitex
Coordinator                    University of Minnesota

the swift course of time." -- Shakespeare, "Two Gentlemen
of Verona," Act I, scene iii