I also don’t see why this kind of redundancy between element and relationship designator would be a problem.

Pete Wilson
Vanderbilt University

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deborah J. Leslie
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 1:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Relation ship designator: corporate body

Can someone help me understand why the name of an RDA element can't also be a relationship designator? The publisher element contains recorded data, whereas the relationship designator is attached to a controlled access point. What am I not getting?

Deborah J. Leslie | Folger Shakespeare Library | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | 202.675-0369 | 201 East Capitol St., SE, Washington, DC 20003 | www. folger.edu