Has anyone been working on local implementations of the BIBFRAME Editor (or the marc2bibframe conversion code, or BF-related tools in general)? Specifically, has anyone plugged the editor into a back-end store so that data can be posted from the editor into the store and then loaded from the store into the editor? If so, what are you using and how have you approached it? Has anyone begun experimenting with pilot projects for original resource description using the BIBFRAME vocabulary?

At Princeton, we've started investigating how to round-trip data with the editor, but we wanted to see where others were at--and to begin exploring possibilities for shared solutions and collaboration, rather than forging ahead in isolation.

The fact that there doesn't seem to be much online at this point in terms of forks or working examples might suggest that others are in a similar spot? Perhaps we could share our experiments and tentative solutions (shared gists, for example), rather than waiting until we each have fully working editors. That might help us to move toward solutions collectively.

Thanks,
Peter Green & Tim Thompson (for the Princeton BF testing group)