On 10/23/14 7:40 AM, McCallum, Sally wrote:
> As for the MARC 7XX, I have no idea how many are actually creators
> unless there is a role attached – and sometimes there is – so I agree
> with calling them agents unless there is a role.
What is the perceived difference between "contributor" and "agent"? I'll
tell you how it strikes me:

-a contributor has had some intellectual role in the bringing-forth of
the creative work; (BF: " Generalized expressive responsibility role." -
not sure what that means.)

-an agent could include those who have a role such as manufacture
(binder), distribution (movie distribution company), ownership, etc.
that do not contribute intellectual content. (BF: " Entity associated
with a resource or element of description" ??)

Totally debatable, which is why I put it as a question.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
[log in to unmask] http://kcoyle.net