To echo Thomas, the term "Authority" can't escape the baggage of its string-based history. Doing authority control means establishing the "authorized" form of a name string. As long as we continue using this terminology in a linked data context, won't there will always be ambiguity? By definition, an "Authority" is a "representation," not the thing itself. I don't see how we can have our cake and eat it too.

Wouldn't it be more coherent to just remove bf:Agent and its subclasses from bf:Authority? A simple property like bf:hasAuthority could point us to the "authorized" form of a name or label for the real-world entity.

Tim

--
Tim A. Thompson
Metadata Librarian (Spanish/Portuguese Specialty)