Please share this position announcement. The position is open on USAJOBS through October 15, 2014
Librarian, Digital Library Services, Libraries Program, U. S. Geological Survey, Reston VA
Job Announcement Number:
ATL-2014-0992 (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/383032800) for US Citizens
ATL-2014-0990 (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/382997900) for Federal Employees
This position is listed as Librarian GS-1410-9/11/12, with an annual salary range from $52146 to $98305 including locality pay. Some of this position's specific duties will include:
· Coordinate and manage all phases of the Libraries efforts digitizing publications, images, maps, and materials in other formats.
· Evaluate, use, and support hardware and software associated with digitization, curation and access to digital collections.
· Take lead role in establishing, communicating, and evaluating digitization initiatives, including establishment of project selection criteria that inform project priorities.
· Ensure adherence to and observation of legal, ethical, copyright, policy, and other considerations related to collections management and accessibility.
· Respond to patrons digitization requests. Facilitate communication with stakeholders and staff across branches and organizations regarding issues related to digitization.