Dear colleagues,

We are cataloging one book, 4th edition. The original author has passed away. There is a different author in the 100 field. To link the current edition, based on RDA, a new work,  with the previous editions, is it better to use 700 with |t or 775. LC’s PPT example used 700 http://www.loc.gov/aba/rda/source/special_topics_revised_editions.ppt. While checking the definition of 775, seems it can also be used http://www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/7xx/775.html

Which one is better or there is actually no difference? (I don’t see any difference in the indexing part. But potential record display might be different.)

Thanks.

Clara