I decided to leave the authorized access point as:

Asser, T. M. C. ǂq (Tobias Michael Carel), ǂd 1838-1913

I added additional 670 fields to justify the fuller form of the name as well as the variant spellings of the names.

I made additional 400 variants.

Thanks to everyone who offered advice and additional sources to consult.  It was very helpful!

Gene

Eugene Dickerson

Team Leader for Cataloging

Ralph J. Bunche Library

U.S. Department of State

Washington, DC

(202) 647-2191 (voice)

[log in to unmask]" alt="https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ98cbmoBcllgdf0edh13ysYD1UWN40YaHnlGs_yRsSVneVOj4P">No part of any article sent to you by the Bunche Library can be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted without prior written permission of the publisher. The exception are brief quotations.  For a synopsis click here: http://diplopedia.state.gov/index.php?title=Copyright:_Synopsis_of_Important_Facts (Link not valid outside the Department of State.)

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.