From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Wilson, Pete
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2014 5:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Corporate body first in a list of creators

Timothy,

The work does not meet the criteria in 19.2.1.1.1. for considering a corporate body to be the creator.  It has nothing specifically to do with the Asociacion Medicos Descalzos.  It’s about traditional concepts of mental and physical health in Maya culture and their relationship to the Maya calendar.  Thus the exception in 6.27.1.3 does not apply.

When I said “There is nothing overt, in text or presentation, to indicate that the four individuals listed merely constitute a ‘roster’ of the Asociacion,” I just meant that there is nothing to suggest that the list of four people under the name of the corporate body is merely there to show who is part of the corporate body.  They may be part of that body or they may not.  The list suggests only that there are five entities responsible for the content, one of which happens to be a corporate body.  None of the five names is given any prominence over any other in the presentation, other than by order of appearance.

If the first of the five names in the list is a corporate body, but 19.2.1.1.1 won’t allow that body to be treated as the creator, should the next name (an individual person) be treated as the creator instead and put in a 100?

Thanks,

Pete Wilson

Vanderbilt University