Returning to the question of doing double duty--when a 240 is present, the 1XX is both the lead term for a name/title authorized access point and the creator entry for the resource named in the 245. Does the prohibition on using relator tems or codes after a name in work or expression AAPs apply to 1XXs followed by both 240 and 245?

Stephen

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM, McDonald, Stephen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Michael brings up a good point.  I don’t have the item in hand, but it is good to question whether Laurie Lee can be considered an author or artist of the work in hand.  She should definitely be at least an added entry, as the subject of the biographical material, but she might not merit a contributor relator.

                                                                                Steve McDonald

From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of michael.monaco
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:14 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] MARC fields doing double duty - a case

Hi Ian.

>>Would you edit the existing field to include one?  Thus:

70012Lee, Laurie, ǂe artist. ǂt Works. ǂk Selections.<<

No, I think the 700 was meant to be an AAP for the work/expression.  The second indicator "2" I suppose is meant to express the relationship "Contains:".  I would have included a $i even with the second indicator, but that might be redundant, and in any case I disagree with the use of 700 12 here.

I think it would have been better to use a 240 10 Works. $k Selections, and the 100 Lee, Laurie, $e author, $e artist, and 700 Lee, Jessy, $e editor.  If it really is a work by Jessy Lee that contains some selections of Laurie's works... the 700 12 for the AAP would be correct and I can't think of a good way to express any relationships for Laurie because a 700 1_ would suggest the relationship is to the whole work named in the 245.

Mike Monaco
Senior Catalog Librarian

Cleveland Public Library

Catalog Dept.