Thanks Chris. You are correct. I was just echoing that phrase from an ALA committee member kindly explaining to me why my suggestion would not be taken up. I grew up in N.J. and when I moved to Michigan I naively overpaid city taxes because USPS only recognizes the city name, not the township where I actually live, so I thought I had to pay city taxes. The township gave up on talking to USPS about this and now just gives everybody free vehicle stickers so we know where we live ( LOL! ):

http://www.deltami.gov/index.php/explore/i-am-delta/

Tim Watters
Special Materials Cataloger
Library of Michigan
702 West Kalamazoo St
P.O. Box 30007
Lansing, MI 48909-7507
Tel: 517-373-3071
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Christopher T. Baer wrote:

I don't believe that this is "very specific to Michigan and not easily generalizable to other jurisdictions."
<snip>