But I don't think Adam could even get to the point of applying 11.13.1.3, because the question at 11.2.2.14 needs to be answered.  That is, what is the *preferred name* that may or may not need to have the place added to it?  There is no equivalent in RDA to the whole matter of consistently treating chapters of fraternal organizations, in regard to direct or indirect entry.

As written, 11.2.2.14.3 seems to imply that "Leif Erikson Lodge No. 1" is entered directly, not subordinately.  It's the "or" in the rule that makes it difficult to figure this out for sure.  It is not very clear.  Does the addition of "Leif Erikson" to the name make it *more than* just a geographic, chronological, or numbered or lettered subdivision of the parent body?  I would prefer to interpret this case as still falling within that type.  Just because it feels right in my gut...

Should we have a PS for 11.2.2.14.3?

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Library