Appendix A of the Authority File Comparison Rules (NACO Normalization) at
http://www.loc.gov/aba/pcc/naco/normrule-2.html stipulates that an asterisk
be replaced with a blank.  The disallowing of "***" as a name access point
may have more to do with that in practical terms than with RDA.

Stephen

--
Stephen Hearn, Metadata Strategist
University of Minnesota