The entities recorded in the 370 are place names, and Danzig (Germany) is a valid name heading, as shown by the presence of a record for it in the NAF. "Danzig" was certainly the name by which this place was known in 1896 when Gerhard Rose was born, so it seems appropriate from that angle as well to use "Danzig (Germany) $2 naf".

Charles Croissant
Senior Catalog Librarian
Pius XII Memorial Library
Saint Louis University