Kevin, thanks a lot for the info. Your answer makes sense, however, unfortunately, our system doesn't function well in the linking fields it supposes to. Meanwhile, I am quite tired with coding RDA with MARC. RDA would work much better without MARC.

________________________________
From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Kevin M Randall [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 5:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCCLIST] Other edition as new work using 700 or 775

Which field you use depends on the function that you want to perform.  If you want catalog users to be able to find the current edition by searching on the AAP of the previous edition, then put the AAP of the previous edition in a 700 field.  If you want to generate a note and/or link directly to the previous edition (if your system is capable of performing such a link), then use a 775 linking field.  (It could be argued what is the "most correct" linking field tag to use here; a case could be made for 780 or 787 instead of 775.)

Kevin M. Randall
Principal Serials Cataloger
Northwestern University Library
(847) 491-2939