From: Program for Cooperative Cataloging [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ian Fairclough
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2014 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCCLIST] use of field 240

Dear PCCLIST readers,

Perhaps someone would kindly comment on whether (and if so, why) to continue to use field 240 for a title such as "Poems. Selections" rather than having a pair of 700 fields, one for the work and one for the expression.  I would be very grateful for opinions on this matter, even more so for documentation on practice.

Sincerely - Ian

Ian Fairclough

George Mason University

703-993-2938