PCCLIST readers,

In response to my earlier posts, Ted Gemberling said: "Let’s say we used just the more specific 700, with the Expression date. Why would that be better than using the 240?"

Also, Pete Wilson said: "But I don’t think I have seen any suggestion that a work AAP and an expression AAP based on that work could, or should, both be included in a bib record for a manifestation containing just that one expression.  Why do you want to do that?"

Perhaps other readers can address these issues.  I have more to say, but what follows would likely take a slightly different direction.

And to provide a "course correction" to remedy the defects that Pete identifies, namely --

"Most importantly, I don’t believe this:

Edwards, Jonathan, $d 1703-1758. $t Works. $k Selections. $f 2013

is an expression of:

Edwards, Jonathan, $d 1703-1758. $t Works. $k Selections"

-- I'd also appreciate other perspectives.  How would you best individuate the particular work that comprises this specific anthology of writings?

Sincerely - Ian

Ian Fairclough

George Mason University

703-993-2938