I was just recently talking about that theme and where it came from but nobody in the converstion had any idea.  Another familiar theme is the chase theme that's always used, (ahem), I'll sing it for you:
daddladlum, daddladum, daddladdladdladdladdladdladlum, daddladlum, daddladum, daddladdladdladdladdladdladlum....etc.  Does anyone recognize it?

db