Tom Fine wrote:

> I've never liked the idea of "dueting" with tapes of dead people. I didn't
> even like it with Natalie Cole, who probably had the most legitimate claim
> on the genre.

Natalie Cole and Nat King Cole.  "Unforgettable."  was a really good song.
I believe she has dueted with her father on a Christmas song also.  I think
it's interesting that Manilow included Louis Armstrong who dueted with many
singers during his career. I remember one album with Bing Crosby and Louis
Armstrong with Billy May's orchestra. From what I read, their schedules
made it impossible to get them in the studio at the same time, so Billy May
recorded his tracks first. Then Crosby and finally Armstrong added his. It
comes off very well and has been release in some form since it originally
was issued.

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Ol-Tune/dp/B002IB054U/ref=sr_1_6?s=dmusic&ie=UTF8&qid=1415370846&sr=1-6&keywords=bing+and+satchmo

Kenny G did a good duet with Armstrong's vocal. But basically I am in favor
of these resurrecting the dead recordings as it allows a younger generation
be introduced to some of the great talent that is now playing ion the great
band in the sky.

Jimmy Durante did the animated cartoon, Frosty the Snowman, which runs on
TV every year, and you children are introduced to his talent...though they
have no idea who he is.

Paul Urbahns
Radcliff, Ky