Bolden! a 2015 release is described as "A mythical account of the life of
Buddy Bolden, the first Cornet King of New Orleans."  The International
Movie Data Base doesn't list much except the cast. However it says the film
is in post-production.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0858419/

This seems like a good film to offer on PBS as biographies are not doing
well in theaters, even well know stars such as Frankie Valli and The Four
Seasons (Jersey Boys) and the James brown biography did not do as well in
theaters as expected.

Paul Urbahns
Radcliff, Ky