Hi, Tom,

In the specs it says its built-in projector lamp is used as the scanner
illumination and the video shows a band of light going down the scan.

The 3D camera appears to be a parallax type of 3D all in the little hood.

The i7 4790S has a Passmark score of about 10,000, so it's a pretty
capable machine. I just bought a machine with a similar processor and a
256 G SSD for a non-profit (grant project) to do video oral history
editing (by students, not me).

My two hotshot desktops run around 6,000 Passmark scores and the top of
the line Pentium 4s ran about 500.

You ask a lot of good questions.

The buzz on the street is that dedicated scanners are going away now
that we have 24 and 36 MP DSLRs. Most of the people doing document
imaging are using DSLRs or mirrorless digital cameras these days, it seems.

I expect the Sprout to be expensive and a way that HP is trying to go
against Mac and also create a high-value product that will rise above
commodity PCs.

The integration may intrigue some, I don't feel it's necessary for many
of us, but it certainly looked fast to use.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Richard