Is this primarily for private use or institutional purpose?

Steve Smolian

-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Maurice Mengel
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 10:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Sound recordings cataloging software

Peter,

why reinvent the wheel? There are actually quite a few tools that import
MARC and some of them may accommodate the level of complexity that you are
looking for. There should be open source cataloging tools for libraries, but
I don't know any in particular. Definitely worth a look.

You could also check, for example, open source repository softwares, such as
those managed by DuraSpace (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DuraSpace).
They are made not ONLY for cataloging, but they also catalog and they should
import MARC as well as other stuff.

maurice