This sent to me by Jim at Jazz promo services:
_Telling  the Story of Buddy Bolden, the Man Who 'Invented Jazz'_
(http://www.newsweek.com/telling-story-buddy-bolden-man-who-invented-jazz-286289)

Here's an additional comment from me.

Actually I wondered what ever happened to the project.

As the story notes he made a shorter (an hour I think silent film  called
"Louis". It played about 9 places around the US with Marsalis  providing the
LIVE score. I saw it in suburban Philly.  What is  interesting is that they
had a "press screening" for Louis (which I didn't  attend) which had a
recorded score. I always wondered if that would be  released. Obviously it hasn't.

But glad I saw. Recently came across the program from the night.

Steve  Ramm