Don't expect to find any disc records documented before 1894.

Paul Charosh

In a message dated 11/6/2014 12:40:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

The  Orchestra on Record. Claude Arnold.

There was a listing of acoustically  recorded chamber music in the ARSC
journal a number of years ago,  multi-parted.  I did'nt understand the layout
or codes and found it  incomprehemsible.

Acoustical violin. Try Creighton.

Piano.  Ask the International Piano Archives at U of Md.   They know what
the latest scolarship is in this area.

There have been  trumpt, horn and, I think, harp discograpies which may
cover these  years.  You'll have to check.  Brigham Young Univ has a dedicated
viola and harp colections and can probaby fill you in og most such
acoutical  material.

Various multi-LP and CD reissues by Symposium, etc., usually  have
discoraphic data in the notes.

Cello, bass, other instruments,  don't know of any at the moment though no
doubt they are in some stage of  compilation somewhere.  Ask Yale Historical
Sound  Recordings.

Steve Smolian